Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I made a skirt!!!

I really want to learn how to sew on a machine. So...I have been practicing with some easy projects. Recently, I have been inspired by blogs like Made, Lil Blue Boo and lots of others too. Making skirts out of old t-shirts, and dresses out of men's dress shirts....how fun is that? The skirt that I made is sort of a combination of those ideas. It was made using an old black button down shirt that I had. It didn't turn out perfect, but I really like it (especially the buttons going down the center). My 7 year old daughter loves it:) Plus, I am learning as I go...and having fun!

2 comments:

dana said...

Adorable! I love a good black skirt. It goes with so many things. Looks like you executed it perfectly.
Thanks for the link too :)

Marjorie said...

Thank you!